Return Policy and Process
Contact MAXDRIVE™ Support
A support agent will work with you to troubleshoot the issue and determine eligibility for Return Material Authorization (RMA). You will be required to submit a written claim reciting the nature and details of the claim, the date the cause of the claim was first observed, and the unit model type and serial number.
Request for RMA Approval
If determined eligible, a support agent will submit a request to approve the RMA. You will be notified by the next business day.
NOTE: Your device must be under warranty to qualify for repair or replacement.
RMA is Approved
You will receive an email containing the RMA number, including detailed shipping instructions. An RMA number is required for every return shipment to KeyW. The RMA number on the shipment must match the correct quantity of units, model type and serial number. The RMA number is valid for 30 days.
NOTE: KeyW will not provide warranty repairs or replacement for counterfeit products, products lost through theft or for products which warranty coverage has expired or never existed. The MAXDRIVE™ warranty does not cover defects or problems caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, electrostatic discharge, heat, humidity, exposure to liquid, dampness, sand, dirt, scratches, dents, cosmetic damage, damage from using excessive force, fire, flood, windstorm, improper installation, operation, maintenance or modification, lost passwords or by any other misuse contrary to the installation and operation instructions. The MAXDRIVE™ warranty does not apply if the product serial number has been removed or altered or if the product has been opened.
Returning Your Device to KeyW
- You are responsible for saving or backing up data contained on any product returned.All data on your returned drives may be lost. KeyW will have no responsibility for data loss and will have no liability arising out of damage or loss of such data. Your original product may not be returned to you.
- Secure each device in an Electro Static Discharge (ESD) bag. Wrap the bag in 2 inches of bubble wrap or foam cushioning and place the device in a sturdy corrugated box. Do not use popcorn, peanuts or newspaper to package your device.
- Write the RMA number on the outside of the box in bold letters.
- You are responsible for the preparation of all import/export documents, licenses, and customs clearances, and you must pay for all shipping costs, including applicable duties and customs charges, and other requirements and charges to ship your product to KeyW.
- KeyW is not responsible for product that is lost or damaged during transit. We recommend you purchase freight insurance and use a traceable carrier that can provide proof of delivery.
- The Warranty is voided if product is received damaged during transportation as a result of poor packaging.
- No collect shipments will be accepted.
- Before shipping, remove and keep cases, cables, brackets, mounting hardware, manuals and operating instructions. KeyW will not return these items if shipped.
- KeyW, at their sole discretion, will either repair or replace your product. Your replacement product will arrive low-level formatted. KeyW will pay for return shipping, however you are responsible for the preparation of all import/export documents, licenses, customs clearances, and the payment of applicable duties and customs.
- KeyW will email you once your replacement product has been shipped.
- This process may take 2-3 weeks.
- Repaired or replaced product will be covered through the end of the original Warranty Period.